Drawing and painting an apple.
Written by Ako Lamble
To me painting with watercolour is like a cooking.
Mixing water and pigments, placing the mixed colour liquid on paper (wet paper / dry paper), waiting for drying, and placing another mixed colour liquid on it ….
The procedure can be taught to the point according to the recipe, but this is something you need to do it repeatedly until you really get how it works. No short cuts.
In the workshop, you will draw an apple with 2B pencil then paint/draw with artist quality watercolour which is my selection of 6 colours.
The recipe (draw/paint an apple) appears to be simple but you will learn so many things along the way.
I hope the experience at the workshop will set you off on your watercolour painting journey.
- those who haven’t done watercolour for a long time but would like to start again.
- those who are not sure watercolour is for them, would like to have a whole experience before spending some money on art materials.
We will cover;
- Studying the shape of an apple.
- How to set the lighting onto an apple.
- Demonstration by Ako: Drawing & painting an apple.
- Drawing an apple with 2B Pencil: See the shape, the value and the edge.
- How to mix colours
- Painting with watercolour: Wet in wet (Light & Vivid colours), Dry completely, Wet on Dry (thicker & darker paint), Negative painting, and Glazing.
- Painting an apple with watercolour without a pencil drawing.
- Introducing “15min daily drawing”.
All art materials which will be used in the workshop will be supplied. However, you are wecome to bring your own art materials (I can give you some advise about them).
Also, A set of art materials can be purchased after the workshop which will cost around $150. Please let me know beforehand if you are interested in purchasing them, I will make sure of having enough stock on the day.
- 6x artist quality watercolour 15ml tube: Ako’s selection of basic colours from Daniel Smith and Schmincke.
- 1x No8 round brush
- 1x waterbrush
- 1x travel palette
- 1x full size 56cmx76cm 300gsm Arches watercolour paper
Day & Time
Sunday, 10am – 3pm (5hrs) *includes 30 min lunch break
Dates in 2021
- 14th February 2021
- 14th March 2021
- 11th April 2021
- 9th May 2021
- 13th June 2021
- 11th July 2021
- 8th August 2021
- 12th September 2021
- 10th October 2021
- 14th November 2021
$150 per workshop per student. *All art materials will be supplied.